Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween...

On Halloween my mother-in-law and I got to carve some pumpkins...




And our favorite of them all... the one where I try to match the pumpkin's expression.



If you are wondering why I'm in those ridiculous overalls, it's because they're my painting clothes, and I was finishing up painting the upstairs nursery room while my in-laws took care of the trick-or-treaters who came to the door. We've been remodeling for a few months now, in order to get the house ready to put on the market (will post a picture soon). It's improved so much from what it was before.

My 2 yr old nephew made such a cute tiger this year. He stayed out longer then he did the year prior, and by the end of the night he was asking his mommy and daddy to "stay, I be right back" as he saw the other kids going to the door on their own, and he wanted to follow too.



We had discovered at Nikki's birthday party, that he was freaked out by eyeballs falling out of his grandfather's head... even though it was just a little piece of paper that had a circle printed on it... it still freaked him out. So for Halloween, I picked up come chocolate covered caramels that had eyeball printed foil to see what he would do. His grandmother decided to play the trick on him... she put the candy up against her eyelid and hit the back of her head to make it fall out and roll towards him. The best part is the look that he gives you, a sort of disgusted and not sure what to do about it look. He picked it up and gave it back to her, and she pretended to put it back in her eye, when she actually put it back in the candy dish. :) This age is so fun.

No comments: