Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nikki's Birthday...


My sister-in- law had mentioned to me at Thanksgiving that she had wanted to find some baking stone dishes. Later in the week, after searching on craigslist I stumbled across some pampered chef baking stoneware that had probably never been used. Since I knew that my sister-in-law had wanted them, I was able to make arrangements to pick them up.

On Sunday when we came to the party I had Spencer hide the gift outside behind the patio chair, and I had brought a "fake gift" of a children's coloring book wrapped nicely with a pretty bow on top. When she opened it up with a disappointed look on her face everyone cracked up as she said "oh........ thanks." Then I brought out her real gift and said "here's your real gift." She seemed a lot happier this time. Spencer likes that he's rubbing off on me :)

My in-laws got her a Le Creuset pot but they put it in a box filled with shredded paper (in hopes that their grandson would get into it. Sure enough he did...



Once he got in the box he got a lot quieter...


Once he got a cookie and was in his sugar coma, he didn't care what we did to him after that....


1 comment:

Melissa said...

You know you have cool in-laws when they purposefully put shredded paper into a box so that their grandson can make a mess. Neat! By the way, I'll have to do some brainstorming on what you can make for me! Thanks for all your encouragement! :)