Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Recent sewing projects from the sewing room...

Today was one of my big sewing days! I bought some interesting upholstery fabric a couple weeks ago downtown, to make some grocery bags for my in-laws. I was finally able to finish at least one of them! Here's the finished product...

Here's a front/back view of the grocery bag. The material a really odd aqua colored twill on the back side and a green swede/flocked sort of treatment on the front of the fabric, but it's really durable for grocery bag material.
Even the back of the fabric can be used as a nice contrast fabric! With the contrast in front and back, I'm planning on making each of the bags a bit different by reversing the colors and adding other embellishments to make each bag unique.

I found the trim for the straps downtown as well. I forgot to plan a head and bring a swatch of fabric with me, so I had to just guess what color would look best. I got the closest color to the green as I could, and was actually pleased with the end result.

Now all I have to do is get some clothing labels to sew on the bags. There's a shop on etsy that makes custom made iron on fabric labels for relatively inexpensive. I'm planning on investing in some when I finalize the overall look of my new Sprouts Maternity etsy store. (Let me know what your thoughts are on my current Logo posted in my store).

No comments: