Thursday, January 28, 2010

Emeril's Homemade Baked Beans...

I've made this recipe for a dear friend's birthday party last year and it was a definitely a crowd pleaser! We served a few different BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with these homemade baked beans as a side and there were several of us who where happy to take home the leftovers :)

I tried this recipe again the other day and instead of cooking it on the stove I cooked it in my slow cooker instead. Usually it takes most of the day to cook when you cook it on the stove, and you can't just leave it because it could burn, so you have to watch it carefully. Since I had to work in the morning I decided to adjust the recipe to crock-pot it so that it could cook on low all day. I served it with some BBQ chicken and a side salad and corn on the cob would have been icing on the cake.

I only wish I had a photo to show you what they looked like, but never had a chance to get a photo before I froze them. We move up to our new place on Feb 1st, so I'll be taking the beans with me as a quick and easy side dish, since all our kitchen stuff will be in boxes.

1 comment:

M or J said...

Yum!! I saved that to my favorites. I'm going to make that for Mike. He loves beans! Thanks for the recipe!