Saturday, October 10, 2009

Early Canadian Thanksgiving and First Snow Fall of 2009...



This morning I woke up and noticed a bit of a white reflection coming from outside the bathroom window. After further investigation I quickly ran back to our bedroom to wake up my husband... "Honey.....(nudge).... honey.... (nudge, nudge) .... there's SNOW outside!!!"

















Here's my nephew, he was looking out at the snow as I was snapping a few pictures. He really wanted to go play in the snow when he woke up this morning.



Today we are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving (which is actually on Monday).... I can't wait to try all the yummy foods! I'm trying the Alton Brown way of cooking the turkey (or in our case chicken, since I couldn't find any turkeys)... where you soak the turkey in a brine over night. It should be interesting. Instead of mashed potatoes this year we are going to try poutine (with shredded mozzarella cheese instead of cheese curds). My sister-in-law is bringing a traditional green bean casserole and then for dessert we are having one of two pumpkin cheesecakes I made... (one pumpkin-banana with a graham cracker crust, the other is a pumpkin with a ginger snap crust). YUM!

Happy early Canadian Thanksgiving and first snow fall everyone!

No comments: