Sunday, August 23, 2009

The run-in with the bat...


A couple nights ago my husband and I were woken up by the sound of laughter and loud shouting at 5am... it was my in-laws trying to apprehend a culprit that had broken into the house and was flying into the ceiling fan... a BAT!!!

My father-in-law was trying to create a barrier using a pillow, so that the bat wouldn't go upstairs to our room, and called for my husband to come down to help him get the bat out of the house... while my mother-in-law laughed hysterically at this charade.

My husband came down and after my father-in-law whacked the bat down with a pillow, my husband sandwiched it between a t-shirt and the pillow, and got the bat out of the house.

The next morning we found the bat where my husband had put him... we thought he was dead because he wasn't moving, so my husband picked him up with a plastic bag on his hand and took him out to the alley. He was still a live but injured, so when my husband put him down on the ground and used a stick to turn him over, so his head wasn't in the dirt, he wasn't happy and he hissed at us.

Bats have been the topic of discussion in the house since the incident...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! I didn't know bats hissed. Haha. Cool!