Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bridesmaid Dress Alterations...


A couple weeks ago I was working on some bridal alterations for an old co-worker of my husbands. She was a bridesmaid in her friend's wedding and in her sister's wedding. Here is the dress for her friend's wedding. With this particular dress I hemmed what was once a calf length dress to make it a tea length dress, and needed to be taken in on the side seams.


For these kind of alterations I would typically charge between $25-$35 to hem the dress depending on the type of fabric, and $20-$40 to make any other minor alterations to the dress.



This particular dress had boning in the side seams, so it required a little bit extra work. In the end, this dress cost about $60 to alter.

This is the third referral from my friend at church who used to do this kind of thing, but is now too busy with school and work.

No comments: