Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Celebrating at Disneyland...


Last year, my husband gave us seasons passes to Disneyland as my wedding gift from him. This year for our one year anniversary, we were planning to go down to Disneyland on Sunday after church got out, since my husband wasn't going to get off work on Monday.


We got there and headed over to Disneyland to pick up our "Happy Anniversary" pins, and then went over to California Adventure to get on the soaring over California ride (one of our favorites). It wasn't before long that my husband decided that he should go back to the car and pick up our dinner. I didn't expect him to be long, so I agreed and decided to stay around the Hollywood street.


Neither one of us expected the tram to break down, and wouldn't let them get off until another tram could come and pick them up (which they were only about 50 yds from the parking structure). When he finally got to the car he drove it over to the Grand Californian hotel and had the bell service take our bags up to the room while he checked in. Then he unpacked everything and headed back to where I was. While he was gone I had called him several times to find out where he was, but the whole time I thought it was just the mis-hap with the tram (so in the end it worked to his advantage).

He came back after 1 1/2 hours later with only a salad and told me that the bottles in the back of the car broke and that my gift had been ruined. At this point I was really disappointed, because I had been waiting so long for him to some back, and a good part of the day was already wasted. I also thought he had spent more thought in our dinner plans, since he had made a special trip to Trader Joes the night before to pick up the snacks and food that we would need for the day at Disneyland (which took him about 2 hours... this should have been my first clue).


Ok, I thought to my self, "well, at least he is back and we can spend the rest of our anniversary together." I took one quick visit to the restroom and when I came back he said that the park had called him and said that they had found his wallet and that he needed to go get it. So he ran off, and came back after 20 min. (
when in reality he had left the car in the front of the hotel for over an hour, he decided to forgo the plan to self park when he found out it was 3 blocks away, so instead he had them park it in valet, so that he could get back to me quicker). Finally we were together again and enjoyed the rest of the evening, together!


As we were heading out, we decided to pick up some kettle corn (another one of our favorites), and couldn't seem to find any that were open. Then my husband said "well I guess I should give you part of your gift now." He pulled out the key card with my name on it to the hotel, and said "let's stay here tonight, instead of driving all the way home."


Boy was I surprised! He had decorated the hotel room with rose petals, and had unpacked everything. Indeed he had packed thoughtfully afterall, as he had not only packed the salad, but the breakfast, lunch and snacks for the next day... and yes, he had Monday (our actual anniversary) off. :)

1 comment:

Kari Cheney said...

Aww, how cute!! So fun! Congrats on one year being married!!!