Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sewing a wedding gown... fit for a princess

For about a week now, I have been working on a wedding dress for my friend, Kat P. Last week we went down to the fashion district in LA and picked out all the fabrics she wanted (about 39 yards in total!)

A couple days later I started working on cutting out the pattern for the bustier (adjusting it to match her measurements).


Sewing them together with the boning...


and then finally seeing what it looked like finished. My friend then came to try it on to make sure it fit. I made the adjustments I needed to and then I was off to sewing again...


After finishing the bustier I started working on the lining. Today Kat came over to try everything on. It looks like we are all set for the next step... cutting and sewing the crinoline on the lining.

Right now I only have the bottom layers complete... so you all wont even see the above mentioned steps on her wedding day... the best is yet to come!
... to be continued...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ooohhh! That is SO cool.

M or J said...

Ooohhh, I can't wait to see the progress on this! I know you're going to do such a great job! How fun that must be.