Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two lounge chairs on the side of the road... cost zero dollars... relaxation after a hernia surgery... an act of God

Two days before my husbands surgery I happened to find a pair of lounge chairs that had been meticulously placed on the side of the road along with a bunch of other used and broken stuff. After careful examination, and trying to figure out how to configure the mess into something that resembled a chair, I decided to take it home and surprise my sweet husband with it.

The wood was a bit worn and the fabric was a bit faded and dusty, so I decided to spray them down and rub mineral oil on the wood. Here's how they turned out...


I set the two of them up on either side of a little demi table that my grand-mother-in-law gave us a week or two ago, with a few napkins and a candle. 



Coupled with some smoothies, that were coincidentally the same color as the chairs, made for a nice relaxing evening.



I'm sure my husband could have gotten by just fine without them, but God was so gracious in providing us with these two chairs anyway! Praise God, now my husband can relax more comfortably during his recovery!

1 comment:

M or J said...

Nice job, Julie! They look great!