Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter is just around the corner...

It's a time to reflect on the ultimate love sacrifice Christ made for us by dying on the cross and in so doing, paid our debt for our sin, so that those who follow Christ might be forgiven by God and have everlasting life in heaven!

I have been looking forward to easter Sunday all month. My husband and I will be going to church on good Friday and Easter Sunday with the rest of our bible study. I can't wait.

Afterwards we are planning on going over to my husband's aunt's house for lunch and an easter egg hunt for the kids. It's a nice time to catch up with the our family, eat good food and watch the kids try and find the eggs that we have scattered around the yard. I'm going to be bringing some kind of dessert. I might try my hand at making Napoleons... one of my favorite desserts of all time, I'll let you know how they turn out after people taste them.

Last year I made some little chicks for the kids out of felt, feathers, and toilet paper rolls. They were so cute, and the kids got a kick out of them. This year however I haven't had the time to even start such a project, and with easter being just around the corner, I don't think it's going to happen.

Recently I have been working on a few sewing projects that various people have wanted me to do. One of the projects I have been working on is making a matching apron to the apron I made for our cousin's daughter for Valentines day. Now they will have matching mommy daughter aprons! How cute!

You can check out more of my sewing creations by visiting my store.

No comments: